* [Annual Meeting]
* [IPA Info]
* [Learn to Fly]
* [Photo Gallery]
Support General Aviation in Illinois by Joining the
Illinois Pilots Association!
Back to Top
The Illinois Pilots Association:|
- pursues issues of vital interest to Illinois pilots;
- works with state legislators, the Federal Aviation Administration, and the Illinois State Division of Aeronautics to recommend legislation for the betterment of aviation;
- acts as your voice in Illinois aviation on the local, state, and national levels;
- sponsors safety seminars in cooperation with the Federal Aviation Administration;
- responds to location aviation issues such as airport zoning, towers affecting airports, air space changes, GPS approaches, and many other issues;
- maintains liaison with other aviation groups;
- is an affiliate of the United States Pilots Association, so all IPA members are therefore also members of the USPA;
- sponsors aviation scholarships to assist Illinois students pursuing aviation careers;
- and sponsors organized family flying activities, social events, and this website.
Grassroots efforts to support general aviation in Illinois are absolutely vital to its growth! Your membership in the Illinois Pilots Association enables you to stay abreast of all legislation affecting general aviation in the state of Illinois, and gives you a voice in the future direction of Illinois general aviation. You will receive a regular publication, America's Flyways, which contains the IPA newsletter, and various other mailings regarding recreational and social activities in Illinois.|
Your membership in the IPA also means that you will have a direct conduit to your IPA Board of Directors, so that you can alert them to aviation-related issues in your area, thereby enabling them to prepare an appropriate, timely, and effective response. And, of course, IPA pilots have just plain fun together, with fly-in family-centered social events, fundraisers for aviation scholarships, and many other opportunities for fellowship with other Illinois pilots. See the IPA Calendar of Events.
Back to Top
The Illinois Pilots Association is composed of five local Illinois chapters and the Members-at-Large: |
||Northeast ||Chicago/Northeast Suburbs|
||South Suburban ||Chicago/Southern Suburbs|
||Members-At-Large ||Other areas of Illinois|
The IPA Board of Directors is elected from the membership, with one-third of the members rotating off each June. All chapters and the Members-At-Large are represented, and the Board meets monthly to discuss aviation issues. The Board consists of eighteen elected members, as well as the Chapter Presidents, the current President, and the Past Presidents in good standing.
The Board encourages and welcomes all IPA members to attend the Board meetings, which are usually held on the first Sunday of each month at 1:00 p.m. The monthly IPA newletter, now published in America's Flyways magazine, announces the location of each meeting, as does the IPA Calendar of Events.
Back to Top